Slip and Fall
Slip and Fall Lawyers
Slip and fall claims are cases arising from an incident in which someone slips (or trips) and falls because of hazardous conditions created by a negligent property owner. Under premises liability law, property owners are held responsible for the state of their properties. Property owners and/or management can be held liable for damages when people are injured on their property because the property does not minimum safety standards.
While it may seem that slip and fall injuries should be relatively minor, slip and fall accidents can be catastrophic and lead to injuries with lifelong consequences. According to recent studies by the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA):
- Most general industry incidents involve slips, trips, and falls.
- Slip and Falls are responsible for 15% of all accidental deaths, second only to motor vehicles.
- Over one million Americans suffer a slip, trip, and fall injury every year.
- Unintentional slip and falls kill approximately 19,565 people each year in the U.S.
- An estimated 20 to 30% of slip and fall victims suffer moderate to severe injuries.
- Slips, trips and fall injuries account for 12 to 15 percent of all Workers’ Compensation expenses.
- Slip and fall accidents are the most common cause of traumatic brain injuries (TBI).
- Slip and fall injuries make up almost 20 percent of all job-related injuries.
Statesman Law Group was created to help you pursue the property owner for maximum compensation for the harms you’ve suffered from your slip and fall injury. Contact us today for a free case review.
Common Premises Liability Accident Causes
Many slip and fall accidents occur because of hazardous conditions. These dangerous conditions can be caused by negligent property owners, inattentive or nonexistent custodial staff, improperly managed construction site, etc. Hazardous conditions capable of causing a slip and fall injury include:
- Water leakage
- Improperly stored materials
- Poor lighting
- damaged flooring
- Stairs that do not have safety railing
- Excessive clutter
- Building code violations
- Lack of guardrails or fencing
- Obstructed walkways
- Icy walkways
- Lack of security
- Poor construction
- Missing or inadequate warning signs
Slip and Fall Injuries
Anytime someone slips on a slippery surface, stumbles downstairs, or falls from an unsecured elevated position, it can lead to significant physical harm. Some of the more common types of slip and fall injuries include:
- Broken bones
- Brain Injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Neck injuries
- Back injuries
- Hip fractures
- Arm injuries
- Shoulder injuries (e.g. dislocation)
- Knee injuries (torn ACL, MCL)
- Muscle and ligament injuries (strains, pulls, etc.)
- Damage to internal organs
- Internal bleeding
- Puncture wounds
How Statesman Law Group Can Help
If you have sustained injuries in a preventable slip and fall accident, contact Statesman Law Group immediately for a free case review. The lawyers at Statesman Law Group will not rest until you receive maximum compensation for your injuries.