Car accidents can be devastating and have the potential to change your life forever. Statesman Law Group was created to fight for maximum compensation in car accident cases. With the help of a Statesman Law Group car accident lawyer, you can fight for the settlement you deserve–one that will compensate you for your medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering while allowing you to provide for your family.
We examine every aspect of the car accident when we take a case because we know that our attention to detail and our relentless pursuit of maximum compensation is your best chance for receiving damages, either through a settlement or an award of damages at trial. Those damages can include compensation for:
- Medical expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Lost wages
- Loss of ability to earn
- Scarring and disfigurement
If, heaven forbid, someone dies as a result of a car accident, the deceased person’s family members can recover the following damages:
- The decedent’s loss of life
- Conscious pain and suffering of the deceased prior to death
- Medical expenses attributable to the fatal injury
- The value of any earnings lost by the deceased person prior to death
- Mental anguish suffered by the surviving family members
- The financial support that the deceased person would have provided
- The emotional support that the deceased person would have provided
- funeral expenses
- Property damage
- Any scars, disfigurement, or other mutilation sustained by the deceased prior to death
- The reasonable expenses of any necessary help in the home prior to death
Car Accidents Can Be Catastrophic
According to the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration, millions of auto accidents occur each year. In 2015, 35,092 Americans were killed and an estimated 2,443,000 people injured in motor vehicle traffic crashes. Sadly, the number of fatal crashes increased by 7 percent from 2014 to 2015. There was also a 4.1 percent increase in non-fatal injury crashes, a 3.7 percent increase in property damage only crashes, and a 3.8-percent overall increase in the total number of accidents.
Many types of injuries can be caused by car accidents, including:
- Broken bones
- Permanent disfigurement or scarring
- head injuries
- Brain damage
- Scarring or burns
- Loss of limbs
- Permanent disability
Types of Car Accidents We Handle
Statesman Law Group is eager to help you if you’ve been injured in any type of car accident. Below is but a sample of the types of car accident cases we handle:
- Rear End Collisions
- Side Impact Collisions
- Roll-Over Accidents
- Head-On Collisions
- “Fender Benders”
- Hit and Run Accidents
- Car Accidents Involving the Elderly
- Highway Accidents
- Failure to Yield
- Texting While Driving
- Icy Roads
- Deadly or Defective Vehicle
- Accidents Caused By Cellphones
- Drunk Driving
- Driving Under the Influence of Controlled Substances
- Driving Under the Influence of Medication
Factors That Influence the Value of Your Car Accident Case
It’s impossible to predict exactly how much any one auto accident lawsuit is worth. There are a wide variety of factors that determine how the value of a car accident, including the following:
- Whether the accident was avoidable by either you or the defendant, and who was ultimately at fault in the crash
- The overall strength of your liability case
- Your credibility
- The defendant’s credibility
- The severity of the car accident
- The severity of your injuries,
- The permanency of your injuries.
- The amount of damage done to the vehicle(s).
- Whether any witnesses observed the car crash as it happened
- Any pain and suffering you endured and continue to endure resulting from the crash
- Any loss of companionship you endured as a result of the accident
- Any other injuries or damages you experienced as a result of the damages.
Your lawyer’s goal will be to present these factors to the opposing lawyer, the insurance companies, and the jury in a way that influences them to increase the value of your settlement.
What You Should Do After an Accident
Car accidents trigger biochemical and neurological reactions that make it difficult to react in a thoughtful, reasoned manner immediately following an accident. If you are involved in a car accident, no matter how minor, you should adhere the following guidelines:
- Determine whether you are experiencing pain. If so, seek medical attention.
- Do not refuse an offer to call an ambulance to the scene. Paramedics can help you determine whether you have an injury that needs medical attention.
- If an ambulance is not called, go to an emergency room or doctor after leaving the scene. Many car accident injuries do not show symptoms or cause pain until hours, days, or even weeks after an accident.
- Cooperate with law enforcement. It is important that law enforcement’s accident report is accurate.
- Do your best to minimize contact with the other driver. It is unfortunate, but many nice things you might say to the other driver (I’m sorry, etc.) could be taken out of context and used against you.
- Take Pictures. Try to take pictures of the damage to your car, the other driver’s car, the accident scene, and any obvious injuries. Pictures are evidence that improve your ability to demand compensation.
- Hire an attorney!
If you are injured in a car accident, you should consult an attorney as soon as possible. The other driver’s insurance company may attempt to contact you within days after the accident and take a statement from you. If possible, you should consult with an attorney before giving a statement so that they can prepare you for any tactics the insurance company might employ to minimize their exposure. More importantly, a lawyer can handle your claim while you concentrate on recovering from your injuries or making arrangements for a loved one. Statesman Law Group is here to help.
How Statesman Law Group Can Help
At Statesman Law Group, our mission is simple: fight as hard as we can for maximum compensation for car accident victims and their families. We will do everything in our power to help you in your time of need by leading you through the lawsuit process and striving for maximum financial restitution for your injuries.
Statesman Law Group only accepts cases on a contingency fee basis. This aligns our interests with our clients as we get paid fees in proportion to how much money our client recovers. We invite you to learn more about your lawsuit and our expertise by contacting us immediately.